วันอาทิตย์ที่ 18 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

USB recognized but not displayed

Connect a USB device and this does not open in file manager? Let's see how to solve the problem.

USB recognized but not displayed

In the office where I work I came across a strange problem when I used to connect two different USB sticks, the same day, a network PC with Windows XP Professional: the second was detected, but Windows does not assigned a letter and was not displayed in My Computer.

Even after reconnecting the second device, still does not get the letter from the system.

The drive is detachable, however, this screen without any problem.

The solution

Since I could not run as a limited user specific changes to the system, I connect to the PC as administrator and execute these operations.

We must go to Settings - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Disk Management , or from the Start - Run type diskmgmt.msc and go straight to the Disk Management window .

Now the key will open normally and see which is identified with the letter F: the operating system.

Array

At this point you have to click the right mouse button on the USB device and select Change Drive Letter and Paths unit .

At this point, select Change

Select the first letter from your previous operating system, one that should be assigned automatically when you insert the USB support in my case E:

Despite the warning letter that the change could cause problems, answer Yes .

Array

At this point, the device assumes the letter E:

Array

That keeps properly even when I restart the PC as a limited user and the device will reappear in My Computer.

See Pictures and Read more : USB recognized but not displayed

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น