วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 15 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Harnessing the computing power of another computer

You can make distributed computing using another machine on the network?

Harnessing the computing power of another computer

Question :

Hello guys.

I have a laptop next to me who is off overnight. I'd like to use its computing power to do what I need and then to make sure that the data being passed to me as if I were working on my computer. Almost as if I had two processors installed on your computer.

For example, at 50 am converting from RAW to JPG photos (200MB RAM, CPU 100%), using Boinc, hearing the music, searching and browsing.

If only the conversion of the photos could be on the other hand, I would have more computing power available.

Ideas?

Answer :

What you want to do is called cluster : a series of PCs on the network performing distributed computing.

Now this is where things get complicated a bit ': If you want to do distributed computing for a specific purpose (eg rendering DivX, compilation) are special software, dedicated and relatively simple to install and configure.

If you want to put on a cluster to a general purpose not complicate things slightly. Within Windows you would need Windows Server, Linux any distro is fine but the steps are more numerous and complicated (network configuration, etc.).

In essence, about the latter option, personally I would do if I had a score of PCs on the network (eg, school lab), but to use a laptop, which in itself is not a working machine, the game worth the candle.

See Pictures and Read more : Harnessing the computing power of another computer

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น